Please continue to pray for each other, particularly for:
• the elderly members of our fellowship, whether living in residential care or in their own homes;
• all who are unwell at the moment, in hospital or at home, and those awaiting, receiving or recovering from medical treatment;
• any experiencing anxiety, loneliness or depression;
• those still unable to meet up with friends or relatives during current restrictions;
• those returning to work as restrictions are lifted.
As we celebrate Easter, pray that we may all know the peace and joy of God’s presence in our lives.
‘Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.’ (Is.43: 18-19)
Thank God for the new thing he has done among us in bringing us together as one church, and pray for the future:
• that we may be open to perceive the new things God wants to do among us;
• for our ministers, Joseph and Julie, and our trustees, Helen, Madit, Louise and Peace, for wisdom to see the direction God wants us to take;
• for Connie and Mary, and all working with children and young people , or reaching out into the community, for fresh inspiration and new ideas of ways of connecting with people and communicating the good news of the gospel;
• for all taking on new responsibilites in the church.
As restrictions are gradually lifted, please pray:
• for all who are anxious and cautious about resuming normal activities;
• that we will learn from the experiences we have been through to find new ways of living together as communities, caring for each other and supporting the vulnerable;
• for wise decisions to be made to help rebuild the economy.
For the wider world, please pray:a
• for nations experiencing a new wave of the virus, that their governments may take the right actions to protect people;
• for co-operation between nations to produce and supply vaccines, so that all nations, including the poorest, may have access to a vaccination programme;
• for an end to the violence and suppression in Myanmar, and for freedom of expression for all who live under oppressive regimes.